Greetings all, I am Dr. Jessica, an Applied Psychologist. I have my own company called The Center for Discovery, http://www.thecenterfordiscovery.net based out of Atlanta, GA. I offer coaching, training and Leadership services to help people improve the quality of their lives and discover their best self.
The purpose of this blog is to provide information that will help people learn to implement proven practices, principles and behaviors that helps one improve the quality of their life and helps to create a love centered life.
Go to my website to get more information about me or read the bio below.
She earned her Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology, with a focus in Industrial Organizational Psychology, from the University of Tennessee in 1999. She has more than 15 years of experience in people and performance improvement and has worked nationally and internationally with clients from industries including government, non-profit, private, education, utilities, and financial.
Dr. Jessica has thoroughly researched strategies that work and has created various models and frameworks that promote ones leadership, self-efficacy and personal/professional development. The focus of her work currently is self discovery (spiritual, emotional, social, physical, and mental well-being), leadership development, and managing in turbulent times.
Specifically Dr. Jessica has:
· Designed and implemented various training programs (e.g., training topics include but not limited to conflict resolution, emotional intelligence, process improvement, stress management, 5 steps to discovery, workplace etiquette, action plan development, communicating with others)
· Guided and impacted the growth and development of individuals/groups/teams, through leadership and personal development coaching sessions
· Researched and created a self-awareness model that has proven to increase ones self-awareness and improve participant’s quality of life. This model is used during individual, team, and group coaching sessions
· Published several workbooks/manuals that helps guide individuals/employees developmental needs and addressed their personal and/or professional gaps: Discover Yourself: A Personal Developmental Workbook, Discover Yourself: A Career Development Workbook and Discover Yourself Toolkit
· Researched and developed a web-based toolkit for managers worldwide to help increase their leadership and managerial knowledge, skills and abilities
Dr. Jessica currently serves on Fulton County Workforce Development Advisory Board and also writes articles for The Historic West End.